Sherry Jones created a yummy cookie with fiber!
- 1 cup Lentils,Dry
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Butter,Unsalted
- 1 cup Sugar,Brown,Light
- Cook the lentils in boiling water for 35 minutes. Cover and leave the lid ajar Strain lentils and crushwith a fork (leave in strainer while crushing).
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, cream the crushed cooked lentils, butter, and brown sugar together and then add the eggand blend. Add the flour, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir in the oats, slivered almonds, walnuts, andchocolate chips and mix well. Use a # 30 dipper to drop cookies onto the prepared baking sheet andflatten.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes and allow to cool on a baking rack.
- Note: Butterscotch chips may be used for a change.